- All locations of Red Deer Public Library are OPEN for regular in-person services.
- As of March 1, 2022, masks are no longer mandatory. We do, however, encourage all visitors to wear a mask.
- For current hours, visit our hours and locations page.
- Curbside pickup services will continue to be available at all branches for those who do not wish to enter the facility.
- Please note that services, hours, program offerings, and restrictions are subject to change with little notice.
- Please check our events calendar for upcoming programs, which includes in-person and virtual options.
- Take a look at our current services, outlined below, and review the FAQs at the bottom of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that our service levels are subject to change with little notice. Please check back regularly for updates.
All branches of RDPL are OPEN at regular capacity. Curbside pickup services will continue to be available at all branches for those who do not wish to enter the facility.
Click here for our current hours of operation.
How Curbside Pickup works:
- Place your holds online (rdpl.bibliocommons.com) or by phone (403-346-4576).
- Wait for pick up notices via email or phone.
- Pick up holds at your selected branch.
- When you arrive to pick up your holds, call 403-346-4576 and the extension for the branch you are visiting (Downtown: press 1; Dawe: press 2; Timberlands: press 3).
Note: These phone numbers are also available on the door to the library. If you do not have a phone, you can ring the doorbell and staff will come to the door to take your information. If possible, please have your library card number available as it makes for a smoother checkout process.
As of March 1, 2022, face masks are no longer mandatory at Red Deer Public Library. We do, however, encourage all visitors to wear a mask in order to protect those around them.
With the exception of toys, games, and certain specialized kits, members may return library materials to any branch of RDPL or in the book drop at the Collicutt Centre.
The exterior book drops at all library locations are open 24/7, so you can return your materials at any time. The Collicutt book drop is located inside the building, and is therefore only available during their operating hours.
The Friends of the Library Book Store at the Downtown Branch is open during library hours. Check the Friends of the Library's page for information about additional book sales and other events put on by the Friends.
We are accepting book donations at the Downtown Branch. Staff will let you know where to place your donations when you come in.
Of course! Check out our online program calendar to see our selection of upcoming in-person and virtual programs.
Computer access, including printing services, is available at all of our library branches during open hours. Computer sessions are limited to two hours per day.
Get a Library Card
Get access to everything that the library has to offer! Free for all Red Deer residents.