As part of our commitment to supporting the lifelong learning goals of Red Deerians, RDPL now offers proctoring services, subject to the requirements of the issuing educational institutions and the availability of library staff and resources.
Terms and Conditions
- Examination proctoring will be provided for a fee of $25 per exam. We accept cash, credit, or debit.
- Please review your institution’s guidelines to determine if RDPL’s proctoring services fit within their requirements.
- Exams may need to be written in a public area; therefore, we recommend that you bring along earplugs or noise cancelling headphones as we cannot guarantee a quiet writing environment.
- All exam bookings and communications must be done by the student themselves, not the parents or guardians.
- RDPL cannot guarantee continuous supervision for the duration of the exam.
- Please bring your own device (laptop, tablet, etc.), if needed, and ensure that any required applications are installed.
- Students must give 72 hours notice to cancel a proctor appointment.
- Any student that arrives late, no shows, or frequently cancels exams may be refused proctor services at the discretion of the management team.
Proctoring is subject to the following conditions:
- A minimum of one week advanced notice is required for proctoring to ensure that all documentation and information is supplied by the issuing institution to library staff.
- Scheduling of examination appointments is subject to the availability of library staff, and will take place during the library's regular operating hours.
- Red Deer Public Library will scan and email completed exams to the issuing institution in a timely manner, but will not be held responsible for exams that do not reach the educational institution by the deadline.
- Exams may be conducted in an open public area, which may not provide a distraction-free environment.
- The library does not guarantee that the student will be monitored continuously.
- Students must provide their own supplies required to write the exam.
- Red Deer Public Library will not restrict internet access during an examination. It is the responsibility of the student to adhere to their educational institution’s policies for internet usage during an exam.
- The library is not responsible for unforeseen interruptions of the exam due to loss of power, internet service, or other computer issues.
- The library is not responsible for troubleshooting login and authentication issues.